Do you have little to show for all the time you spend at the gym each week?
Are you unwittingly following ineffective advice or do you expect to get results by doing what you think is best?
Try avoiding these common mistakes if you want the best results.
1. Ignoring your diet and expecting to burn off bad calories at the gym.
2. Spending hours each week doing steady pace cardio and hoping it will burn fat and shape the body the way you want it to look.
3. Using ‘the more exercise duration is better’ philosophy.
4. Using ‘the less calories the better’ philosophy.
5. Choosing a few resistance machines for your favourite body parts in the hope it will tone them.
6. Doing the same exercise programme month after month and sometimes year after year.
7. Doing never-ending repetitions of abdominal crunches in the hope they will flatten the tummy.